We all lead pretty busy lives nowadays. Sometimes, you just need an answer right away. You might not be able to make a call, and who has time to email? Enter…. THE LIVE CHAT.
Here at Restaurant Equipment Club, we like to give our customers the option of speaking with a sales rep right when they need one. The Live Chat gets you in touch with someone who can help you pick out the perfect 2-door freezer, convection oven, blooming onion cutter, whatever your heart desires.
To help our customer’s better navigate this new technology, we’ve compiled a list of things to Do and to Not Do when you’re chatting with a Live Chat representative.
- Have your order number or model number ready. In a Live Chat we strive to get you the answers you need as quickly as possible. However, if you have the information about your order/product inquiry ready to go when you start your chat, it can greatly expedite the process and we can get you your answers that much sooner!
- Let us know if you’ve spoken to someone already. It’s no fun being bounced around from person to person when you’re looking for an answer. If you’ve already spoken with a sales or customer service rep, please let us know. Chances are they’re familiar with your order and can assist you further.
- Have patience. As much as we all like instant gratification, it unfortunately isn’t always possible. We could be chatting with another customer at the same time, or we may have to contact a manufacturer to answer your specific question. It might take us a moment to respond, but we promise to never leave you hanging.
- Be kind, courteous and polite. It might seem like common sense, but a little kindness goes a long way. We understand that when there’s an issue it can be a little frustrating. Being polite and courteous can make a frustrating situation a little more bearable for both parties.
- Type as coherently as possible. srryyyyy, i dunno wut U mEeN wen U TyPe lyke Diz. Please type your questions or concerns as clearly as possible so that we can get right onto answering your query.
- Try to order an expensive/large piece of equipment that we’ll need to ask you questions about. If you need to purchase something that costs as much as a down payment on a car, you should give us a call. A perfect example would be a walk-in cooler. We want to ensure that we give you the best piece of equipment to suit your exact needs. Sometimes we just can’t do that over a chat.
- Ask for your tracking/order status immediately. We’ve ordered things online too, and we understand you want to know where your product is. Generally speaking, we operate on a 5-7 business day turn around time depending on if the item is in stock. Rest assured that as soon as your item ships you’ll receive an email with tracking information. We unfortunately can’t tell you much more than that.
- Assume we are robots and/or yell at us. Unlike many live chats you may have come across, we are not robots. We believe that a little personalized assistance is the key to a great purchasing experience. That being said, WHEN YOU TYPE AT US IN ALL CAPS IT MAKES US THINK YOU’RE YELLING and frankly, that’s just not very nice.We’re real people and we have feelings too.
- Ask for your account login info. Unfortunately we can’t tell you your forgotten password. That information is private to you. We don’t have a way to log-in for you behind the scenes, but that’s a good thing! It means that your account information is safe and secure.
- Drop a corny pick-up line. Why? Why would you do that. No. I know our teeny tiny avatars are pretty cute, but please. Just… don’t.
We hope these tips will help you the next time you click on the chat box. And as always, we look forward to hearing from you!