Football season is here once again! Which means time to break out your team’s jersey, grab a 30 case of some cold brews, and snacks galore. Because let’s face it; What good is watching sports without snacks? But alongside your traditional wings, pizza, and sandwiches, we thought we would change it up a bit. This quick recipe is for Oriental Coleslaw, an easy dish that’s sure to be a hit on game day. The reason we chose this dish is that its light, allowing you for maximum snack/beverage consumption. My girlfriend makes this recipe for me on occasion, and it comes out great every time, so I can assure you that it’s worth checking out!
What you’ll need:
- 1 16-ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 3-ounce chicken-flavored ramen noodle packages (along with their seasoning packets)
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2-3/4 cup sunflower nuts
- 1/2-3/4 cup slivered almonds*
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
*The almonds provide an extra crunch and a variation on taste, but are not required.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, ramen noodles (setting aside packets for dressing), green onions, sunflower nuts, and almonds. Set to the side.
- For the dressing: Combine vinegar, oil, pepper, sugar, and ramen seasoning in a container with a lid. Cover and shake well.
- Before serving, make sure to shake dressing. Pour the dressing over dry ingredients and toss, coating the mixture.
See? Nice and easy! This dish will easily become a favorite among your guests. Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments!